The Rockaway Beach Tri/Duathlon: Location
Rockaway Beach, Rockaway, NY 10306
(@ B 94th Street Promenade)Directions
From Queens (Partial Toll Road):
Head southeast on Cross Bay Blvd to Joseph Alcamo Blvd/Rockaway Beach Blvd. Beach 94th street is the next street. Head south on 94th street to the Rockaway Beach Boardwalk. From Long Island (Partial Toll Road):
Take Southern State Pkwy and Belt Pkwy to Cross Bay Blvd in Queens, New York. Take exit 17S from Belt Pkwy. Follow Cross Bay Blvd to Joseph Alcamo Blvd/Rockaway Beach Blvd. Beach 94th street is the first street. Head south on 94th street to the Rockaway Beach Boardwalk. From Brooklyn (Partial Toll Road):
From Atlantic Ave:
Take Atlantic Ave, S Conduit Blvd W and Cross Bay Blvd to Joseph Alcamo Blvd/Rockaway Beach Blvd in Queens. Beach 94th street is the next street.
Head south on 94th street to the Rockaway Beach Boardwalk. From Flatbush Ave:
Follow Flatbush Ave, Marine Pkwy Bridge and Beach Channel Dr to Joseph Alcamo Blvd/Rockaway Beach Blvd in Queens.
Beach 94th street is the next street. Head south on 94th street to the Rockaway Beach Boardwalk. From Staten Island (Partial Toll Road):
I-278 E to Belt Pkwy/Shore Pkwy. Take exit 11S to Flatbush Ave. Follow from Flatbush Ave above. Parking: Free parking lot located at B. 95th Street; free street parking. Subway: A train to Beach 98th Street Bib Numbers
Approximately 3 days before the event you will receive an email notifying you of your race bib number. If you arrive at check-in and do not know your number in advance, you may look it up on the alphabetical list posted near the registration tables. Please do not get in line for check in if you do not know your race number and have photo ID. Packet Pick-Up and Late Registration
Registration packet pick up begins on Sunday, September 27th from 5:30-6:30 a.m on the Rockaway Beach Boardwalk at Beach 94th street.
You must show photo ID to receive packet. Only competitors may pick up their numbers in person with photo ID. You may not pick up a race packet for anyone else. NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION! Upon Arrival
• Know your race/bib number and have your ID ready!
• Have CDC form printed and filled out before getting on line.
• Before getting online to receive your race packet, place your bike on the bike rack as per Race Marshalls assistants.
• Proceed to the check-in line that corresponds to your race number. Please do not bring your bike to the check-in line. Schedule of Events RACE DAY- Sunday, September 27th
5:30 – 6:30 am: Check-in. No numbers issued or race packets saved after 6:30am!
6:45 am: Course orientation, final race instructions (mandatory).
7:00 am: Race Start (rain or shine).
9:15 am: Bike course closes!
10:00 am: Course officially closes.
Refreshments and awards presentation begins. Race Numbers & Electronic Timing
• Check the label affixed to the timing tag (on the front of your bib number) for correct information regarding your name, age, sex and category. Notify officials prior to the race of any mistakes.
• You must wear the run number on your front, and be clearly visible to race officials at ALL times. Folding of race numbers is prohibited.
• Must wear a face covering at all times.
• If you enter the transition area or cross the finish line and your number is not clearly visible on your FRONT, you will receive a 2-minute penalty.
• The 2-sided vinyl (adhesive-backed) bike frame number must be attached to the front of the top tube of your bicycle and for security reasons and may not be removed until you leave the leave the transition area.
• You may not use any chip other than the one that is assigned to you. Wearing any other chip could lead to errors in overall timing and your disqualification.
• The timing chip must be secured to your ankle at all times by means of the Velcro strap provided. Only competitors wearing the chip attached to their ankle will have split times and final times recorded.
• Timing chip is yours to keep as a souvenir of the race. Results
Results will be posted on www.NYTRI.org.Awards Ceremony
• You will be notified at a later date for the award ceremony.
• Awards will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall and in 5-year groups; 18-80+ (men), 18-70+ (women).